Manufacturing and Distribution Facility Design
Background: The country’s biggest Multi-branded Fast Casual restaurant group with over 500 outlets.
Work undertaken: This is a continuation of the distribution and manufacturing facilities locational study conducted by A&C Associates. The initial stage was to understand the current manufacturing and distribution infrastructure while taking into account the company’s growth trajectory.
The A&C team of analysts and design engineers worked with the client from the project conceptualisation to project execution.
Conceptualisation and Design
- Identification of Products that will be in-house manufactured and toll processed.
- Determine the present (baseline) and projected the quantity of all products.
- Review current manufacturing processes and recommend improvements
- Equipment Sizing/ Capacity Determination
- Amount of additional automation/capacity growth
- Equipment Testing and Evaluation
- Utility Load Allocation (Electrical, Water, LPG, Steam, Etc.)
- Area Allocation
- Determine the pallet spaces required for dry, air-conditioned, chilled and frozen
- Stock Positioning (Projected Stock Level)
- Work out the load factors on existing routes and the utilization
- Determine and optimize the number of routes based on the new locations
- Define Manufacturing Process Flow considering certification requirements like HACCP, CGMP, ISO, Halal, etc.
- Waste Management
- Plant Layout considering process and materials flow
- EXECUTION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
General coordination and project management to ensure the delivery of requirements as agreed upon and identified in the conceptualisation and design phase:
Lead Project Team consist of:
- General Contractor (Civil, Electrical, Sanitary, Mechanical)
- Equipment and Facilities Suppliers
- Coordination with other Trade Consultants/Experts
- Monitor to ensure project delivery as per agreed timetable
- Establish the roadmap
- Set and monitor milestones with the project team.
- Identify and clear roadblocks by working with MGI ExCom and project proponents
- Prepare regular management reports on progress.